We are all in favour of marketing automation. As marketers, we are always looking for ways to automate our marketing processes to save time and increase efficiency. Marketing automation is a tool that can help us to do just that. By automating repetitive tasks, we can free up our time to focus on more strategic tasks. In addition, automation can help us to track and measure our marketing campaigns more effectively, allowing us to optimise our campaigns for better results.
When we automate our marketing tasks, we can cut out a lot of the manual work that goes into them. This not only saves us time, but can also improve our results. By automating certain tasks, we can free up time to focus on other areas of our marketing strategy. Additionally, automation can help to improve the accuracy and efficiency of our marketing campaigns, resulting in better outcomes.
With marketing automation becoming more and more popular, it's only natural that many marketers would want to learn more about it and potentially even implement it into their next campaign. However, a common concern is the cost of marketing automation and whether or not it's worth outsourcing our marketing to a computer program.
What Is Marketing Automation? Does It Work?
Marketing automation is a process whereby marketing tasks are automated through the use of software. This can include tasks such as email marketing, social media campaigns, and targeted ads. Marketing automation can be an effective way to improve efficiency and results. In a study by the marketing firm Ascend2, 43% of respondents said that marketing automation had a "somewhat positive" or "very positive" impact on their business.
From email to social media and beyond, automation can cover a wide range of marketing activities. By automating repetitive and time-consuming tasks, businesses can free up resources to focus on more strategic initiatives. Automation can also help to improve efficiency and accuracy, while reducing the risk of human error.
There are a number of different automation tools available on the market, each with its own unique features and capabilities. Businesses should carefully consider their specific needs before selecting a tool. Email marketing platforms, for example, offer a range of features that can automate email marketing campaigns, including segmentation, scheduling, and list management. Social media management tools can similarly automate social media posting and help businesses to track engagement and performance.
When used effectively, automation can be a powerful tool for driving marketing success. By taking the time to select the right tool and set up automation rules, businesses can reap the benefits of increased efficiency, improved accuracy, and freed-up resources.
Marketing automation is not some newfangled technology that only the most innovative companies are using to get ahead. In fact, any organisation or marketing team can benefit from automation - whether it's increased efficiency, optimised lead conversion or getting a multichannel view of user behaviour.
What Is The Cost Of Marketing Automation Software?
To get the most out of automation, marketers need to invest in comprehensive software that is backed by data. Data-driven automation allows prospects to receive accurate prompts, so the more comprehensive the software, the better. Different marketing automation software types are available on the market at varying prices.
There are different marketing automation software types available on the market at varying prices. Some of the most popular ones include HubSpot, Pardot, and Marketo. Each of these software platforms has its own set of features and price points.
- HubSpot is one of the most popular marketing automation platforms. It offers a wide range of features, including email marketing, social media management, and CRM integration. HubSpot also has a very user-friendly interface, making it a good choice for businesses of all sizes. From just over £700/mth
- Pardot is another popular marketing automation platform. It offers similar features to HubSpot, but is typically more expensive. Pardot also has a more robust set of features, making it a good choice for businesses that are looking for a more comprehensive solution. From around £1100/mth
- Marketo is a less popular but still widely used marketing automation platform. It offers a good selection of features, but is typically more expensive than both HubSpot and Pardot. Marketo also has a more complex interface, making it a better choice for businesses that have a dedicated marketing team. From Around £1200/mth
A perfect marketing system would be HubSpot, named #1 by Finances Online and rated highly by users, a full-service marketing and sales platform.
An intelligent, all-in-one solution can offer your business automation across all digital channels. The use of this type of solution can provide you insight into prospects greatly improving their experience - regardless of their interaction with you. Using an all-in-one solution will save you lots of time and hassle in the long term, so it's undoubtedly worth considering for your business!
Sadly, not every marketing department can afford such a luxury.
Marketing automation cost is relative to how much you want to reap its benefits. To enjoy automation at its full potential, you can start small and go all in. When it comes to conversions, automation can be very effective.
What Should You Look For In Marketing Automation Software?
The success of your marketing automation software will depend on your expectations, so make sure you set them accordingly. If you're hoping for a complete business revolution, then you may be disappointed. However, if you set more realistic goals, you'll likely find that marketing automation can be a helpful tool.
If you're looking to get the most out of your marketing automation software, you'll need to make sure it includes some key features. Below, we've outlined what those features are and how they can help revolutionise your business.
- Automated lead capture: This feature allows you to automatically collect leads from a variety of sources, including your website, social media, and email campaigns.
- Lead nurturing: Once you've captured leads, it's important to nurture them so they eventually convert into customers. Marketing automation software can help by sending targeted emails and messages that encourage leads to take action.
- Customer segmentation: This feature allows you to segment your customer base so you can better target your marketing efforts. This is especially useful if you have a large customer base.
- Reporting and analytics: Marketing automation software should offer robust reporting and analytics so you can track your progress and identify areas for improvement.
- Marketing ROI measurement: It's important for marketers to track their spending and compare it to how much revenue their campaigns are generating. By having an understanding of their ROI, they can make necessary changes to optimise their campaigns for greater success. Automation systems make it possible for marketers to not only create but also track their campaigns, so they can get an accurate overview of their ROI and make informed decisions about how to improve their marketing strategy.
- Application integration: When purchasing software, marketers should keep integration in mind. The app should play well with existing apps and, where possible, sync with other systems. A marketer's success depends on their ability to execute an omnichannel marketing strategy - and data accuracy is key to that success.
Marketing automation can be a great asset to your company, but it's important to make sure that the offer is right for you.. All-in-one tools and standalone software should enable you to take full control of campaigns and gain full visibility.
A marketing automation system that actually delivers on its promises is the most important thing to consider. The concept of automation is appealing to us all, but we can only gain true value when we can use it to increase conversions while reducing our workload.