As a marketer, you're probably always on the lookout for new tools that will help you do your job better. If you're thinking about setting up HubSpot, you might have some questions about how to get started. Luckily for you, we are Certified Partners, which allows us to assist a wide range of businesses like yours in implementing HubSpot.
HubSpot is a powerful marketing tool, but it needs to be implemented correctly to be effective right away. The success of your HubSpot implementation depends on several factors, from choosing the right tools and features to setting up your account correctly. That's why it's important to take your time and do things right from the start.
Prioritise Your dashboard and back-end settings
When it comes to HubSpot implementation, it's important to prioritise your back-end settings. This is the foundation of your HubSpot implementation, and it's important to get it right. Without a strong set-up, your HubSpot implementation will be less effective and may not function as intended. This includes things like setting up your CRM and integrating it with your other systems. Without a strong dashboard set-up, your HubSpot implementation will be much less effective. So take the time to do things right from the start, and you'll be reaping the benefits for years to come.
Marketers might overlook these basic settings. Navigate to the main navigation bar in your HubSpot account to access your key settings.
- Time zone - You can set your time zone in Account Defaults by clicking the 'Time zone' dropdown menu. As a bonus, this setting also localises HubSpot's scheduled email sends, social media messages, and analytics.
- Currency - Choose a currency from the dropdown menu to display revenue and costs.
- Language - Choose your language from the dropdown menu! You can select between English, Brazilian Portuguese, French, German, Japanese, or Spanish. Once you've chosen your language, HubSpot's entire interface will change to match the selected language.
Be sure to provide access to everyone who needs it when setting up your portal. Despite how simple it sounds, it can be overlooked easily!
If you're using HubSpot to manage your website, you may want to give different users different levels of access. The setup for this feature can be a bit confusing, but it's worth taking the time to understand it so that you can properly manage your website's users.
- HubSpot User - As an admin, you can edit the user's permissions to give them access to all of HubSpot's fantastic tools.
- Super Admin - All tools and settings are accessible automatically.
- Blog Author - the user can only edit and save drafts of articles, but they can't publish them.
- Blog Publisher - Users have access to the blogging tool and can save and publish articles
What Is The Estimated Implementation Time For HubSpot?
HubSpot is a powerful tool that you can customise to suit your needs. The setup process for HubSpot accounts can be a bit time-consuming, but it's worth it in the end. As far as HubSpot integration goes, it depends on your integration level, and there are some features that you can use right away, such as emailing and social media.
Having a new portal is always an exciting time because it's a clean slate that you get to mould and shape how you want according to your specific needs. And another plus side is that there are many helpful resources available online to assist you in getting started so that you don't feel lost or alone during this process. Once you're ready, adding users to your portal is a great way to get more input from others who can offer new perspectives - like HubSpot partners, blog authors, and sales representatives - which can be very beneficial when it comes to things like making pitches.
Other marketing responsibilities require you to educate other staff members about the platform as well. That's why it's important to have a solid plan in place for how you'll use HubSpot and what tasks can be delegated to other team members. By taking the time to plan out your HubSpot strategy, you'll be able to make the most of the platform and avoid feeling overwhelmed by its capabilities.
The time you spend setting up HubSpot for your business might limit your ability to focus on other aspects of your business. That's where we come in! Real Inbound is and Inbound Marketing agency and HubSpot Partner. We know the ins and outs of the platform and we're here to help you.
If you have questions about getting started with HubSpot or you're looking for someone to manage it for you, contact us. We're happy to help!
You may like to read: HubSpot Onboarding vs Implementation? Confused?
Here's a handy to-do list to get you started
There are a few essential elements to setting up a HubSpot portal that is often overlooked. Our team has set up countless portals and we've learned that it's important to include these elements on your setup checklist:
- Decide on what data is most important to your marketing and sales process before taking any action. Although importing contacts into HubSpot is a quick and easy process, you may want to bring in additional data that doesn't match the out-of-the-box contact properties. To avoid any issues, we recommend creating custom properties ahead of time. This way, you can make sure they're set up correctly from the start.
- Import your contacts database and then upload your Opt Out or Do Not Email list. The list consists of past unsubscribers no longer interested in receiving your emails.
- Check out your blog template and make sure it looks great. You can get some tips and tricks from our marketers if you have a hard time creating compelling email templates.
- Integrate your social media accounts with HubSpot. HubSpot's social media integration is easy and quick to set up, and it provides you with insights that are key to understanding your target audience, how they engage with your content, and what kind of interactions are most valuable to your business.
- CRM integrations with HubSpot give your sales team access to HubSpot's lead intelligence. Marketers can also use analytics to improve their campaigns.
Successfully implementing HubSpot into your business structure can depend on a variety of factors, such as the amount of time you're able to dedicate to the set-up process. If you find yourself feeling rushed, you might overlook important settings - something that could end up delaying your inbound success. Don't worry, though - you're not alone in this.
Implement HubSpot For Successful Marketing Campaigns
When you first start using HubSpot, it can be a little confusing. There are a lot of backend settings to implement, such as users, GDPR, and other privacy settings. This can take a lot of time and effort, but it's worth it to get your HubSpot account up and running smoothly. Once you have everything set up, you'll be able to use HubSpot to its full potential and reap the benefits of having a powerful marketing and sales tool at your disposal.